Book of the Year Award presented by the Professional Association of Small Business Accountants · Co-authored by Bert Doerhoff
Many entrepreneurs fail, not because they have bad ideas, but because they don’t have the knowledge it takes to convert their ideas into success. In Six Steps to Small Business Success, five seasoned CPAs provide practical advice, step-by-step guidance, and proven ideas to help you dream big, think realistically, and plan and manage carefully, ultimately achieving more than you ever imagined.
Take these six simple steps to convert your dreams into reality:
1. PRE-BUSINESS PLANNING. Learn from others who have succeeded how a little front end planning can ensure your success.
2. START-UP: FINANCES, BUDGETS, AND NUMBERS. Discover the key fundamentals that must be put in place for your business to grow.
3. HUMAN RESOURCES(PEOPLE). Learn best practices in hiring, training, managing, and terminating employees.
4. OPERATIONS: WORK FLOW, CUSTOMERS, AND SALES. Learn how to make good decisions about products and customers.
5. BUILDING A SALABLE BUSINESS AND THE SALE. Learn how to plan for your eventual sale.
6. TRANSITIONING TO LIFE AFTER BUSINESS. Finally, learn how to plan for life after work – personal adjustments, wealth management, leaving a legacy.